Discuss editing anything that doesn't fit in the forums above
pilot pirx

3DSimED - troubles, activation, questions

Post by pilot pirx »

I wanna purchase 3DSimED but have some serious problems. On the website of Dave Noonan is no possibility for contacting anybody. Can someone please give me a hint?

Due to my hardware (Mac + emulated Windows 11 via Parallels) I only got 3DSimED v2.6 to run. Latest version 3.x? gives a missing 3dx9.dll-error. Installing the DLL manually is possible but after a quick try not working, the error message still pops up. I think this is due to apple´s M3chip and ARM-architecture. Someone knows better?

And is it important to run the latest version 3 for a GPLtrackbuilder or is v2.6 enough? Then I would go with the old one..

thx guys!
ramrod

Re: 3DSimED - troubles, activation, questions

Post by ramrod »

There’s a way to request a code inside the tool. Then you’ll get an email from simgarageorders@sim-garage.co.uk and pay via PayPal. Maybe you can email the orders account directly.

http://sim-garage.co.uk/purchasing-3dsimed3/

It seems most folks use Blender or 123do instead. I’m not even totally sure 3dsimEd exports for GPL anymore. I fiddled with it for 15 minutes or so without a lot of luck. My GPL export was greyed out. It seemed to me that it was geared more for the modern titles. That’s a good question to ask before you purchase.
Tobodestroyer

Post by Tobodestroyer »

I only use 3DsimED for accurate placing of objects and checking my work. Great for browsing textures, too. As far as I know, you can't export anything to GPL. 123do for objects for me.

Handy for positioning the pit camera as well.
pilot pirx

Post by pilot pirx »

Thank you guys to clear this out! Yes, it´s great for texture-browsing and placing objects. But sadly running very instable (here in my OS).
But I want to mention that I´ve successfully exported a 3DSimED-modulated horizon-3do for GPL (with version 2.6) ..

Return to “General Editing”