GPL track textures, AI, updates and modifications
ccmac

Re: Monaco small update

Post by ccmac »

Here is my update for the Pavel release of Monaco. I have been working on it for the last 2 months. I made the mistake of looking at a few Monaco photos and spotting a few things that are wrong or missing in the GPL version. So I thought I would have a go at improving things.

This is a multi season update for 1965, 1966 and 1967. See the included documentation for the list of changes. I don't plan on doing updates for 1968 or 69.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

ccmac wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:37 am Here is my update for the Pavel release of Monaco. I have been working on it for the last 2 months. I made the mistake of looking at a few Monaco photos and spotting a few things that are wrong or missing in the GPL version. So I thought I would have a go at improving things.

This is a multi season update for 1965, 1966 and 1967. See the included documentation for the list of changes. I don't plan on doing updates for 1968 or 69.
Thanks for this job. It's much appreciated.

Could you give us the "perfect mix" of what comes before this addon in your opinion as I do for the tracks I present in my tests. That would be nice.

:bye:
.Year is a 12 kms track. What will you do of your remaining laps ?
.Don't ask what GPL can do for you, ask yourself what you can do for GPL.
Site : https://www.grandprixlegends.fr/ - Championship : http://www.formulado.hu/weekly/index.php?p:leagues/22/
ccmac

Post by ccmac »

ROOKIE4EVER,

Here is my current install and what could be considered as the "perfect mix":

Pavel Monaco Update Release (default install no options used)
ccmac monaco update v1.0
updated trees from Track Pack:
st_tree1.mip
st_tree2.mip
Tree04.mip
Tree05.mip
Tree06.mip
Tree07.mip
Tree8A.mip
Tree8B.mip
Tree9A.mip
Tree9B.mip
Tree10A.mip
Tree10B.mip

I should point out that I am only using the default Pavel install for testing purposes only. I find the Pavel horizon perfectly fine compared to the Monaco Rocks horizon but do find his sea and sky to be a little bland. So eventually I may switch to the Monaco Rocks sea and sky. However, I don't think you can switch the sky without switching to the Monaco Rocks horizon. If I switch to this option, the perfect mix would be:

Pavel Monaco Release (default install)
ccmac monaco update v1.0
updated trees from Track Pack
Monaco Rocks horizon and sea files (all files in horizon rocks 2 options folder except for horin2b.mip and horin5.mip and road.mip. The ccmac update includes modified versions of these files so you don't want to overwrite them. Also, make a backup of the Pavel horiz.3do which also came with the ccmac update. See below.)
updated horizon files from Track Pack:
hor1.mip
hor2.mip
hor3.mip
hor4.mip
hor5.mip
hor6.mip
hor7.mip

If you do decide to use the Monaco Rocks horizon, keep a backup of the Pavel horiz.3do included with my update in case you want to switch back to the Pavel horizon. To switch back, just swap the horiz.3do files and remove the water-y.3do file.
ccmac

Post by ccmac »

Hey ROOKIE4EVER,

Your question about the perfect mix inspired me to try the Monaco Rocks horizon. It is a definite improvement so I now think that is what I am going to use so my "perfect mix" would now be option 2.

However, it can be sort of tricky setting it up without overwriting some of my updated files. But I also noticed that all of the Monaco Rocks horizon files have unique file names so they can be preinstalled without conflicting with any Pavel horizon files. So if I were starting from scratch here is how I would install:

Step 1: Install the Pavel Monaco release

Step 2: Copy all the files in the horizon rocks 2 options folder except for the horiz.3do and water-y.3do files into the main Monaco folder.

Step 3. Copy the updated tree and horizon files from the Track Pack into the main Monaco folder.

At this point you have a default Pavel install that uses the Pavel horizon but with all the Monaco Rocks horizon files preinstalled.

Step 4: Install my ccmac monaco update v1.0 You will probably be asked if it is OK to overwrite the horin5, horin2B and road mip files. Yes it is OK to do so.

At this point, you have a Pavel install using my updated Pavel horizon fix.

Step 5: Make a backup of the Pavel horiz.3do just installed with my update. I suggest keeping it in the ccmac update options folder.

Now to switch between the Pavel and Monaco Rocks horizon all you need to do is:

To use the Monaco Rocks horizon: copy the horiz.3do and water-y.3do in the horizon rocks 2 options folder into the main track folder. Allow the Monaco Rocks 3do to overwrite the Pavel 3do

To use the Pavel horizon: copy the Pavel horiz.3do from the ccmac update options folder into the main track folder allowing it to overwrite the existing 3do. And delete the water-y.3do
ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

So, to be clear when you write Step 1: Install the Pavel Monaco release it's the "monaco_r3_20240404.zip" that is mentionned in first post of this topic ? Am I right ?

Do you use or not "Shell 2 1024 - 08.04.2024" from PT that is here viewtopic.php?p=17704#p17704

:huh:

By the way thanks for all those explanations. I've noted it and will try it when time will come when I'll be back to my tests. :thumbsup:

:bye:
.Year is a 12 kms track. What will you do of your remaining laps ?
.Don't ask what GPL can do for you, ask yourself what you can do for GPL.
Site : https://www.grandprixlegends.fr/ - Championship : http://www.formulado.hu/weekly/index.php?p:leagues/22/
ccmac

Post by ccmac »

Yes, in Step 1 when I say install the Pavel Monaco release I do mean the "monaco_r3_20240404.zip"

No do not use the files from PT. I have looked at those files and they are just some experimental test files that currently can't be used until someone can edit the Monaco 3do to use them. Pavel did say he is working on improving the chicane area so perhaps that is something we can look forward to.
ramoats

Post by ramoats »

I noticed a pbf program file for 1962 monaco in the Pavel update... is something coming we don't know about ???...
MalRacerF1

Post by MalRacerF1 »

ramoats wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:17 pm I noticed a pbf program file for 1962 monaco in the Pavel update... is something coming we don't know about ???...
I think the PBF program file for the 1962 Monaco Grand Prix represents the physics of the 1962 F1 mod.
ramoats

Post by ramoats »

MalRacerF1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:12 pm
ramoats wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:17 pm I noticed a pbf program file for 1962 monaco in the Pavel update... is something coming we don't know about ???...
I think the PBF program file for the 1962 Monaco Grand Prix represents the physics of the 1962 F1 mod.
Kinda my point... there is no 62 mod..... yet :dunno:
webfoot

Post by webfoot »

AFAIK there is no 1962 mod in active progress. I would guess 1971 Sportscars, 1937 GP, 1971 F1 & Tasman Cup 1968 are the closest to release (all in "GPL Time" of course).

Return to “GPL Track Addons”